With Chicago summer in full-swing, you want to do everything possible to stay cool, especially inside your home. When that first summertime energy bill comes in, however, you might find yourself deciding between running the AC or saving money next month. There’s a better way! Instead of sweating it out to save a few bucks, it might be time to tackle your problem at the source. Have you checked your windows?
Is it Time to Replace Your Windows?
Did you know that inefficient windows can cost you hundreds of dollars on heating and cooling costs each year? How do you know if it’s time to replace your windows? Glad you asked:
- Your windows are old. If your windows are old, they probably aren’t very efficient. Modern windows are made with energy-saving technology, and they are also highly-durable. So, even if your windows appear to be in good shape, you’re likely losing a lot of money.
- There is noticeable damage. Windows that are warped, cracked, or do not open and close properly will not keep cold air in and hot air out.
- You experienced a draft last winter. Detecting window drafts is often more difficult in the summer months. Think back to this past winter. Did you notice cold air coming in from your home’s windows? Were they cold to the touch? If so, you have drafty windows, and drafty windows drain your wallet fast!
The Benefits of Energy-Efficient Windows
Of course, it goes without saying that energy-efficient windows will save you money on heating and cooling costs, but that’s not all! Replacing your old windows provides many other lasting benefits. When you choose custom windows, you can give your home a new and improved look—whether you want a classic double-hung style or a beautiful new bay window. New windows also add value to your home and provide you with a more bright and comfortable space. Not only will you be able to run your AC full blast without compromise, your home will look and feel great!
Choosing the Right Chicago Window Company
Investing in new windows is no small matter. You want to make sure you’re getting a quality product and professional installation, and of course you want the best value for your money. How do you know which window company to trust? Here are some important and easy things to check for:
- A+ BBB Rating
- Years of Experience
- Certified and Licensed Installers
- Reputation for Quality Service
Do You Need Chicago Window Replacements?
For a practical and lasting solution to your sky-high energy bills, new windows might be the way to go. If you’re looking for reliable Chicago energy-efficient windows that offer the custom style, durability, and value you need, go with My Window Works. Visit the link above to learn more, and don’t forget to use our online form to get your free, no-obligation cost estimate!
TagsReplace Your Windows replacement window options Window Installer
Subscribe to WindowWorks's Blog